About the Cross-State Collaborative to Support Schools in the Opioid Crisis (CCSSOC)
Regional Educational Laboratory Appalachia (REL AP), led by SRI Education, is one of 10 regional laboratories across the U.S. that is funded by the Institute for Education Sciences (IES), U.S. Department of Education. REL AP provides support Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia to use data and research to improve academic outcomes for students. REL AP brings together people with diverse areas of expertise and interest to provide technical support, conduct research, and offer learning opportunities that inform changes to policy and practice in an effort to improve educational outcomes for students.
One REL AP project, Supporting the Appalachia Region’s Educators and Students Impacted by the Opioid Crisis, established the Cross-State Collaborative to Support Schools in the Opioid Crisis (CCSSOC). CCSSOC is comprised of the REL AP team and stakeholders from state and local education agencies, departments of health, community-based organizations, and universities, who are involved in efforts to support students and educators who are impacted by trauma related to community and family opioid use.
REL AP team
- Hannah Cheever, technical assistance provider, SRI Education
- Kerry Friedman, senior researcher, SRI Education
- Yunsoo Park, senior researcher, SRI Education
- Nancy Perez, research assistant, SRI Education
- Jenna Rush, education researcher, SRI Education
- Michelle Woodbridge, executive director, SRI Education
- Tracy Desovich, technical assistance specialist, Education Development Center
- Shai Fuxman, senior adviser, Education Development Center